Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sayonara, six-one-five

The wonderful days of my residence in Tennessee's capital city are over! Packing my last belongings and locking the door on my way out were some sad events, and leaving definitely had its share of bitter and sweet moments, but future visits are in the works, so Nashville and I will reunite, and it will feel so good.

On my last day, I went to a Titan's practice, (where some very outgoing children and I made friends, and I found out from Tyler, a 3 year old, that "Bears don't eat wood.") ate at the Horn of Africa, and watched some baseball on TV. If you have never been to an Ethiopian restaurant, it is not an experience to miss!

Things about Nashville I will miss:
  • Do I have to say it? Family, friends, and Thomas. duh! and Mr. Bodhi. He's basically a person.
  • That bangin' Farmer's Market.
  • The attraction that "Music City" has to performers. (Coldplay, Flight of the Conchords, lton John and Billy Joel, Broadway musicals, etc. etc. etc.)
  • It's proximity to other hubs of action and entertainment

Things about Oxford I'm anticipating:
  • School! Go ahead; call me a nerd--but watch out for my sweet kickboxing moves.
  • Getting to know my roommate (and her puppy, Lily).
  • Square Books. And no, I don't mean books that are square. See hyperlink.
  • Even though I hate to admit it (and still hold up my promise from this post), football games.
For now, I'm in Limbo/Jackson, TN. Oxford, I'll see YOU Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment