Monday, May 4, 2009

The Perpetual Student

I've found that since I graduated from college, checking my email just isn't that fun anymore. To compound the matter, I haven't been able to shake the habit of compulsively checking my email. So, when I would check my school email every 30 minutes, I would have at least a few emails, telling me about a friendly social event or that last fateful day that I could drop a class with a "W." Now, I'm like Pavlov's dog--except there is no dogfood. I want the dogfood!

So I've decided to sign up for a word-of-the-day from dictionary.com. I know it's not the same, but at least it isn't Amazon.com offering some awesome deal. I don't need $11 DVDs! At least this way I can gain some useful (or not) information, right?

Today's word of the day:
tyro \TY-roh\, noun:
A beginner in learning; a novice.

How appropriate that tyro is my first word! Since we are having so much fun here, let's use it in a sentence.

"Look, Charles, a tyro."

We did it!! Now YOU try!

No comments:

Post a Comment