Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A ho for shows

As I mentioned in the last post, my income is hardly piling up on my doorstep. Despite this cold, hard fact, I've made it a priority while in Nashville to see all of the enticing entertainers that pass through this here town. So far, I've seen the musical Avenue Q at TPAC, several Vanderbilt sporting events (football and basketball, in Nashville, Oxford, and --go 'dores), and a Davidson vs. Samford basketball game in Birmingham, AL (Thanks Richardsons!).

I do have some things lined up for the next couple of months. At the end of this month, I'm going to a Nashville Predators Hockey game, which should be pretty interesting, considering I don't know the first thing about hockey. But it is "Fangtastic February," so as a new Nashvillian, I feel obligated to watch the preds get a beat-down from the Red Wings. The SoCon tournament is in Chattanooga this March, so hopefully I can make it to one of those games. In April I'll be geared up to see Flight of the Conchords (see story) at the Ryman and the Dave Matthews Band with Jason Mraz and Robert Earl Keen at the Vanderbilt Stadium. Alllllllriiiiight.

So what I'm really trying to say, here, is that regardless of my money makin' skillzzz (or lack thereof), I've resolved to buy tickets to see awesome shows while I'm here. It'll be worth it, even if I have to live off cereal and $2 bags of stir fry. . .which I would do anyway. . .gladly.

No comments:

Post a Comment