Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Move and Be Moved

I'm not one for reality shows, but this one takes the cake...or avoids it. I've been following The Biggest Loser on hulu, and it is the one of the most motivating tv shows (reality show, even!) I've seen yet. It is considered a competition because people are voted off, and it definitely has its share of stupid reality drama, like the ungodly amount of commercials and the placement of them before something "dramatic" is supposed to happen, or the clash of personalities (like that bi-atch Joelle), or even the music in the background; but the thing that sets this show apart from the others in the world of tele-crap is that the contestants on this show want the other contestants to win. Sure, they don't want to go home, but during a challenge or a work-out session, it's nothing but motivation. It's wonderful. And at the end, when the hapless contestant has to go home, the camera crews zoom into the future and you get to look at the weight they've lost on their own. It's so happy!!! Ugh, I can't handle it.

It stays with you, too. Because when I am running or kick-boxing (that's right...watch out predators), and I feel like walking or doing what the instructor calls "low intesity" versions of our work out (yeah right), I think to myself that I can do it, and my little Bob or Jillian shoulder angel (for those of you who watch the show, maybe Jillian should be the shoulder devil, except she does the opposite of tempt) says keep going!

Is that ridiculous or what?

1 comment:

  1. What's really crazy is that you said "It stays with you" and "Predators" back to back, because the Nashville Predators' marketing slogan is "It stays with you."

    ReplyDelete