Wednesday, March 11, 2009

7 1/2 down...

So this time I feel really special. I got a call from a professor at Ole Miss last night, and he told me that I was the "mac-mommy" of potential grad students. So now I have a tough decision to make! Ole Miss is giving me the best deal so far, but I'm definitely going to have to visit these schools to really make my mind up. Fun times!

I am totally flabbergasted by this whole thing for the following reasons:
1. I didn't get into Ole Miss last year. In fact, I faced a lot of defeat with my grad apps in '08, and I was pretty down on myself. But now, apparently, I'm being recruited by a grad school, which rarely happens to anyone. (freaking awesome).
2. I didn't get a letter. I got a freaking call. At 9:00pm on a Tuesday night.
3. I have to make the decision quickly (the deadline they gave me was April 1st), so I'm really doing some thorough, in-depth thinking about each school.

The "1/2" part of this whole thing comes from my potential admission into the other program at Ole Miss: Southern Studies. I haven't officially received anything from them, but I'm hoping to get in to that program--it sounds so neat!

Readers, do not misunderstand this post to think I'm complaining about these decisions! I have never felt more rewarded, grateful, and delightfully astonished than I do right now! Incredible.

1 comment:

  1. All I gots to say is "Damn, girl!" I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete