Monday, March 2, 2009

What a fabulous weekend that was! I'm going to try not to cover everything in detail because that would make for a LONG read and I feel like I should leave some things for Thomas to write about in his blog. I'll just cover some highlights.

Friday:
I had a great reason to leave work early because friend Anna and friend Kyle rolled on in around 3:00. (Thanks for that, guys!) Our evening consisted of the following:
1. Throwing darts at Vanderbilt's campus for being weird to Kyle
2. Being cold
3. Eating SATCO tacos
4. Playing an abbreviated version of Trivial Pursuit
5. Roaming around downtown before settling on a pub on 2nd street for a refreshment

Saturday:
Anna and I made silver dollar pancakes and coffee for breakfast. Then we met the dudes for lunch and to flit around Nashville for some tourist action (look for photos in a future post). Back to Thomas' for a quick nap, then downtown to eat. To sushi enthusiasts: Ichiban on 2nd street is fast AND mega-tasty.

After eating, we parted ways, and Thomas and I went to the hockey game, Nashville Predators vs. Detriot Red Wings. It was SO much fun! For brevity's sake, I will have to sum up the evening by saying, "ba dum bum bah da-da-da- dum HEY! YOU SUCK!" This was the "fight song" (really the latter half I guess--after every goal, they played Tim McGraw's "I Like It, I Love It" meshed with that generic fight song where people usually say "HEY, Go ____!"). It was a rowdy, eye-widening, and hilarious experience. I constantly asked myself, "Did they just do that?" After the hockey game, we blazed the snowy streets and reuinted with our pals at Robert's Western World, a honky tonk bar on Broadway, for beers and people-watching.

Sunday:
After an AWESOME brunch at Mad Donna's, Anna and Kyle left us for the "other" capitol city. My parents were driving through town also, so Brian, Thomas, and I met them for dessert afterwards, and I got to nuzzle Gigi for a few minutes. Sigh. What a good dog. Anyway, to friends far and wide, come visit us! And to Anna and Kyle, we had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment