Friday, March 20, 2009

East Nashville

This should be the first of several posts to come about my 'hood: East Nashville. For the the out-of-towners, "East Nasty" is Nashville's famed district of hippies, new age junkies, baristas, and granolas (I use all of those words with the utmost compassion and respect, you commies). And it's been my sweet little home for the past 8 months! It's also infamous for being one of the poorest parts of town, unfortunately. But to lighten the mood, I've decided to post pictures of the house/neighborhood. I've been meaning to take more pictures to sort of photo-journal my time here, and so here are some of them!

This is a window in the kitchen that overlooks the back yard. It's about 7:00am here, and St. Patrick's Day.




I promise that it looks better when the living dead aren't coming out of some eerie fog.



Here is a nicer view of the neighborhood. Daffodils have been popping up like weeds around here! So I took a snapshot, or two, or...










While taking Bodhi for a walk, I stomped all over these little people!

If this drawing on the left represents how this little girl (I hope that's a correct assumption) sees her self-image, then that is a pretty cool little girl, I say. However, I cannot speak the same about the one on the right. This teeny bopper has been watching too much Britney Spears on MTV.










This photo is just hilarious. I don't even know what to call that. I'll start with no-neck Nancy.







A heart with 2 strands of hair framing it:















Remember when you used to spell "cool" with a "k?"












Hopefully I'll photo some more "kool" findings soon. Also--sorry about the weird formatting just now--that was unavoidable. I have to make a decision on grad schools tomorrow. Keep posted to see where I'm going next semester!

Lovingly,
HAH

No comments:

Post a Comment